Sunday, February 22, 2009

Too much fun!

This weekend certainly was a lot of fun. I joined in with the AAPG group that Kelley runs, and we had our monthly retreat this weekend. Kelley suggested covering boxes with fabric and told us to save our Oatmeal box. This is to be used to save our snippets from the rugs we hook, which are the small tails that you cut off evenly on the rug. I actually had 2 in the cupboard. One was expired, and the other one wasn't. Will make oatmeal cookies with the leftovers from that one. I can honestly say that I despise oatmeal. Wish I liked it. Tried, tried, and tried again to eat it. So many suggestions were made to me on what to put in it, etc. Well you know what? I REALLY don't like it. So that's that. Will not try it again! Ok, back to the project. Kelley made a great suggestion on how to make another top for the box, but I tried to use the one that came with it. I had an idea in mind, and just had to try it. I was still able to cover the lid and it still fit inside the can. Definitely took a lot longer than if I had did it Kelley's way, but I'm tickled with how it turned out.
The bird on top is from one of Stacy Nash's patterns. Love her cross stitch patterns! After this was done, I dyed some wool for the background of a rug I am going to be doing, and then drew up a pattern for the punch needle piece I did. Again, I have Spring on my mind, so this is what I came up with! Decided to put this in my Etsy shop if you are interested.
I got to see so many different projects in the last two days. These girls are so uplifting and inspiring. They really created a lot!
Well, it's late and I'm hoping to get to the Chambersburg group tomorrow to do some hooking.
Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead.....

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Both your pieces are beautiful.
I really love how you did your box.

Debbie

Christine said...

Your box turned out wonderful! I was just on another blog that covered a box as well...what a great idea!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Beautiful oatmeal box! Who would have thought it could be transformed that way ~ very productive weekend!!
Alice

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Your covered box turned out perfect and I love that punchneedle piece! Have fun hooking today.
:)Ginger

Gayle said...

Your box is wonderful! Is there a blog list somewhere so Ican see how they all turned out?

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Sorry Gayle, There isn't a place to see them all. But there are a few blogger friends on my side bar that have participated and have posted on their blogs. Take a look!

Tammy Burks said...

I love your colors in both of your pieces....lovely!

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Kathy, I LOVE your pieces!!! Love what you did with your oatmeal box too!!! What a wonderful idea for those wool snippets :-) I heard about this going on in Kelley's group and thought "I have an oatmeal box in my cupboard" hmmmmm.......
Smiles,
Marte

Beth said...

kathy luv all your pieces or artwork, especially the punch needle, i need your help w/ some patterns, did you attache your punch needle to an antique cutting board or did you make it? i luv that idea!!!!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Beth,
Hi! I'm assuming this is Jill's sister Beth? If I'm wrong, please correct me. I went to see if you had a blog, but there was nothing. I drew up the board and my hubby cut it out for me. I'd be happy to help you out. Let me know!

Unknown said...

Love your oatmeal bird box.
I'm with you oatmeal is only good in cookies.