Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hump Day

Isn't that what Wednesday's are called? Funny name I think. But I'm ready to push this week right on through. It's been pretty stressfull for me. Going through some issues that I need to work out personally. I have some friends praying for me, so hopefully God will lead me in the right direction.

On top of that, we think this is the year of the car. Meaning whatever could go wrong, has gone wrong. My jeep is still in our garage, and George is slowly trying to fix it. Gotta love him. He works very hard and then comes home to work on it in the evening, or if he's too tired, it waits till the weekend. Well, this past weekend he did what he could and was out getting the last part for the day, and I get a phone call to come and get him. The rear on his truck blew out. Had to have that towed back to the house, and now he is using his car again which is what I was using for a while. Sooo, my son took me over to my mil's so I can borrow her car. AND the battery was dead. Had to wait for AAA to come and get it started. George put it on the charger when I got home, and it's been fine since. Just need to run it a little each day. This all happened on Sunday. Went to pick Nicole up from her ski trip Sunday evening and she had a temp of 102.5. I'm telling you when it rains, it pours!! She's feeling better today, had her to the doctors on Monday. Well, good enough to go to school tomorrow. She's already missed 3 days, and I know she'll have a lot to catch up on.

Missed my rug hooking group on Monday, was really bummed about that, but did work on some punch needle. I have one finished and am starting the other one tomorrow. They are both on the same cloth, so I have to finish them both before I can cut them away. God willing, I am going to try and make it to Linda's tomorrow night for a little bit of hooking. Will see!

Thought I'd just share a couple rugs that I've done in the past. This one is from one of the Need'l love books. It's one of my favorite rugs and hangs above my tv. And this one is a rug I did for my husband. It's his QSL card which has to do with ham radio. That is him in the rug operating his radio. He has it hanging in his "shack" in the basement.
Hope everyone's week is a happy one!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Kathy-It sounds like you've had quite a week. Hope things turn around soon for you. I'll be praying that your situation will be resolved soon. Hugs, Mary

Mary said...

Forgot to mention how much I love your Need'l Love Rug. It's on my to-do list!!!

TeresaM said...

WOW! I love your hooked rug! Makes me want to get mine out and work on it! It's only been about 2 years since I started it...... just don't seen to have enough hours in a day to do things I want to!
Teresa