Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.... My wish for you today is that you will be spending it with loved ones and doing something fun, restful, crazy, out of the ordinary, you get the idea. Show each other how much you love them by doing something special for them today. Even the smallest of things sometimes can be remembered as the biggest in the eyes of the beholder.

We don't do a lot for Valentines Day, but I try to do something small for everyone. Last night I had put out their gifts on the counter. I always get the kids some candy and for George I ended up buying him some of his favorite candy, peanut chews, along with some oreo's. He hasn't had them in quite some time, so I thought I'd treat him. When I read his card, I was presently surprised that we had picked a card with the same topic. He made mention to it too after he read my card to him. When you are together long enough, you really do know each other.
I woke up before everyone else today. My back starts to bother me if I'm in bed for too long. As much as I'd like to stay there, I just can't. My husband said last night that I would be surprised today. Hmm, the mind started wondering. Teasingly of course I said "You bought me a new car!". With all the car troubles we've been having, it was a good joke. He smiled and said "if I could, I would". And I know he would... So, when I came down this morning, (of course I looked outside first lol), then I looked on the counter and there was a box of dark chocolate candy with a card. Yep, that was a surprise, considering all I wanted was a BAR of candy. He knows my addiction . But on the envelope in the corner he wrote, your real surprise is in the fridge. Hmm, the mind started wondering again. I was thinking flowers. Nope, opened up the fridge and there is a box of strawberries, CHOCOLATE covered strawberries! Now THAT was a surprise! I love them, but have never asked for them. How long is all of this going to last? Hmm, if I told you, you would probably gasp! Sooo, I'll just say I'm going to enjoy every bite! The card of course brought tears to my eyes. I always ask for a mushy card, and he always succeeds.....






Nicole will be going to a church dinner tonight with her boyfriend, and Craig will be with his girlfriend, so I think George and I will rent a movie and order take out, or maybe even go out for a bite. Not sure yet. He'll be working on the jeep today.
May your day be a Happy one! Tell that special someone you Love them even more today than you did yesterday.......
Oh, and the rug I posted was one I did last year at Joan's dye group. The background we did as a group. We brought our wool and each of us used a pan and added some onion skins and some snippets to the top. Joan had a huge bag of snippets (which are the tails that you cut off evenly on your rug) and we just picked a handful here and there and sprinkled them on top. We added some water to the pan along with some vinegar and baked it in the oven for I think around 45 minutes or so. When hooked, it looks to me like confetti. I have it on my kitchen table with a dish of candy on it. Well, the dish is empty right now, so I'll have to refill it lol! I'll share my candy with my family today, BUT George doesn't like strawberries, so they are mine, mine, ALL mine!! Just kidding, I'll share them with Nicole. I know she will like one, I mean some lol.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Valentines Day Kathy - Sounds like you are off to a great start - card, chocolate and MMMMMMMMMM Strawberries! What a guy! Have fun whatever you decide to do - dinner, movie - just chillin!

Chanda said...

Sounds like you and hubby are very tuned into each other. Sounds like you all had a little bit of it all and a nice time by all. I bet the kids enjoyed their candy. I gave dwight his favorite candy also, Almond Joy's of all things.