Saturday, February 7, 2009

The sun is shining

Yes, the sun is shining and the weather is a bit warmer than it's been. There is snow still on the grass, but it is slowly melting. I am sooooo ready for Spring!

I've had a pretty busy week. Here is a birthday gift I had made for Kelley from the group, An American Primitive Gathering" that I belong to. They are a wonderful group of women who share so much of themselves and are so talented. I have added the banner to my side bar. If you ever want to see what they are making to sell, just type in usaprim in the search bar on ebay. Since she already received it, I thought I would share it. I had never stitched on Osnaburg fabric before, but have wanted to try. Love the look of it, but it sure was hard on my eyes. I know she is a cat lover, and started with that, and then just added a few extras on there. I did stitch small x's around the edge of the pinkeep, but did it after the picture was taken.
If you remember from last October, I did a commissioned piece of a log cabin rug. Well, recently, Pam had contacted me to do another piece for her. She mentioned how much she liked rug I had done for her, and wanted to know if I would be interested in doing a half round for above her door way. She wanted another log cabin in that as well. I have been in contact with her through emails, and have drawn up a pattern which she has since approved. I am waiting to hear from her about some red samples I sent her in the mail. She had wanted the same red border that I put around the other rug for her. I had never marked it down what I had used since I "thought" it was the only one I was doing for her. Lesson learned on that one lol! I had it down to two formulas that I may have used for it. After I had dyed them, I was pretty positive that it was one of them. So just waiting to hear from her so I can start it. So that is pretty exciting for me, to have someone enjoy the piece so much that they want another one! Will share photo's when I get started on it. I also want to say to Linda and Pat, thank you for opening up your shop in Chambersburg!! I had to run out to their shop on Wednesday to get some Cardinal dye to dye the reds for Pam. I couldn't believe that I didn't have any here! I would have had to order it and wait for it, which would have just extended things even further. May your shop be a HUGE success so it will stay around for a looooong time........
Every day this week there was something that I had to do. Daughter had a dentist appointment on Monday. Took care of my mil a few days this week, and I had a doctors appointment myself on Wednesday. Thursday I went out to lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while and just relaxed and caught up on some things. I've been struggling with a few things, and it was nice to get out and just chat.
Yesterday was a fun day. I went over to Jill's house. She had asked me to come and bring some of my rugs that I have done for the other rug hookers to see. Seems there were quite a few beginners, so they got to see a good variety of what I had done. Always glad to share and try and inspire others. Jill had Barb come to demonstrate some dyeing for the girls. Here is Barb getting started with explaining a bit about the dye formulas. Everyone had started out by sitting and listening..... But it didn't take long before they were up and looking to see what was going on.
Barb did a great job explaining, and even got some of the gals involved with measuring the dye themselves.
After the dyeing was done, the girls learned how to make the wool feather tree. They seemed to enjoy it, and then took time out to eat some lunch that Jill had prepared. Soup, sald, drinks, and dessert. Everything was delicious. Jill has an adorable son Isaac that was just too cute, Hi Isaac! And a cutie of a husband that I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of lol.
Jill, thank you for inviting me, and I hope the women were all inspired to go home and hook, hook, hook!! I had a wonderful time, and to top it all off, I got an order for an eyeglass case that I had shown that I hooked. That was very unexpected.. Will get that done soon!
Made it home from Jill's house in time to get my daughter off to church. She went with the youth group to the Big Mac Ski Attack for the weekend. I hope she is having a good time, and is just enjoying the fellowship of all her friends. Came home and cleaned up the kitchen a little and then left to go out to dinner with my friend Vicki last night. Had the most awesome burger! We had a good time just venting away the stress of the week we just had. Stopped at a couple stores after that, and ended up sitting in Starbucks for a coffee for her and a tea for me to finish off the night. Thank you Vicki for a nice relaxing evening.
I have the Blue and Gray hooking group to go to on Monday and will be finally getting to hook some of my camp rug. It's been so long since I've seen it, I'm sure I forget what it looks like lol.
I'm off to get my day going here. I stopped over my mil's this morning to help her out already, so I have the rest of the day to just get some laundry done, and get a few other things done. I have 2 punch needle patterns drawn up that I want to start today as well. Will share more as the week goes on.
Hope something inspires you all to start something new!


2 comments:

Joanne said...

Kathy - thanks for sharing the photos - looks like another wonderful day shared with creative people! Wish I could have been there!

TeresaM said...

Hi Kathy,

I just found your blog and saw you are from Shippensburg! I live outside of Newburg.

Teresa