Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is here..

Hard to believe that September is over, and October is here. I'm starting to see everyone rushing around to get mums and pumpkins to decorate their house. I stopped the other day and picked up a few pumpkins and got out my things for my front porch. I just ran outside to take a quick picture! I still haven't touched the inside of my house yet. Don't know what I'm waiting for. I always say maybe tomorrow. Then when tomorow "night" gets here, I think where did that time go? What did I do all day? Well, today was pretty much of a wasted day. I sat here on the computer way too long. This darn box can suck you up like a black hole! And I wonder why my back hurts, geez. Haven't pulled a loop today. That is a bummer. Will need to make up for it tomorrow.

I thought this would be a good time to feature my daughter Nicole since she finished her cross country season yesterday. This is her second year at it and unfortunately she was injured in the beginning of the season with tendonitis. Her Achilles tendon flared up big time. The doctor said she had to take a couple weeks off. She ran one race in the beginning of the season and her last one yesterday. Since she couldn't run for those few weeks, she rode the bike while the other kids ran. Yesterday she wasn't sure how she would do. It didn't matter to her what place she came in. She was more concerned about her time. She did very well at 25:04. I can tell she was pleased. I only have a couple pictures of her to share. They run so fast lol. I had no idea what I was taking a picture of. Here she is in the beginning of the race. Nicole's the one in front. And here she is at the end ..... She pushed herself to do her best since it was her last race and knew she wouldn't have to run again today.


And here I think she is tell me to "stop taking pictures" lol.

Needless to say, I am a very proud mom. She enjoys staying active, and that just tires me out! Now she's talking the swim team next, did that last year too. After that will be track again in the Spring. She is already planning to do some sprint training soon. I just tell her take it easy so the Achilles doesn't flare up again. Ill need to feature my son sometime also. He's the computer guru. I think he is pretty amazed that mom did this whole blog by herself without asking for ANY help at all lol. Will have to work at getting a couple of pictures of him. Working full time, he is hardly ever home.
Hope everyone is enjoying their beginning of October! It's such a wonderful month. Not JUST because my birthday is coming up, (ok, that's a big part of it lol) but I'm enjoying the crisp temperatures (even though I hate to be cold) and I just love watching the leaves change color. I've already noticed some. Looking forward to seeing it when it's full blown. We have a Maple in our backyard that is just awesome when it's fully changed. It's a beautiful time of the year. I'm in awe to watch God's wonderful works....

1 comment:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a wonderful daughter you have!
Love the fall decorating you have done on your porch!
Rondell