Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your day was Blessed with being with loved ones and just enjoying what the whole day is really about. So much hustling and bustling, and then it's over in just a short time. Taking time to lift up our hearts to Jesus should be our main focus. I know it's mine. Without Him, I am nothing. Happy Birthday Jesus!

We had a very nice day. Nicole woke us up at 6:00. Said she gave us an extra hour lol. Came in our room and just started bouncing on the side of the bed. My side of course. I told her to go wake Craig, and it was fun just listening to those two. I came downstairs and made the coffee for George. We always get our chairs set up and then we call them down. Lately, they can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. Pushing each other as they come down the stairs.

We let them pass out the gifts. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. Some are hams for the camera...>

And some are not...... For some reason, our family used a lot of tape on boxes this year lol. Craig had a heck of a time getting one open...

He's a real Viking's fan, so I thought anything Viking's might put a smile on his face. I was right!
Craig spoiled us this year. Wish he would have saved his money for the car he is saving for. He gave his dad a blue ray dvd player, his sister a speaker system for her mp3 player and this is what he got me! A 22" monitor! It will take a bit to get used to.
George and I had bought things in the past couple months that we considered our Christmas gift to each other. He got himself an analyzer (I think that's what it is called) for his ham radio and I got a Townsend cutter! We got a few more things for under the tree too.
After the gifts were opened, the paper started flying "again" lol.


And, if you followed the post from yesterday, you should know that when stuff like this happens in my house, you can guarantee someone will get hurt, or........ Yep, hot chocolate on my carpet lol. Craig did a great job at cleaning it up and you can't even tell it spilled.

When this was all finished, I made some egg and bacon sandwiches. Something easy. Tired of being in the kitchen. Our lunch/dinner consisted of a buffet style, serve yourself. A very relaxing day spent with my family. What more could I ask for? Took my mil some food later this afternoon, since she wasn't up to coming over. Sat for a little with her and then took Nicole to her boyfriends to have dinner over there. Craig had his girlfriend here for our meal and then went to visit with her family. Now I'm just wondering if I really want to hook or not. I said I was going to do that ALL day today, and still haven't done it. May just skip it today and really take the time for it tomorrow. I don't have anything else planned for tomorrow. That is so exciting for me lol! Right now I'm just listening to my blog Christmas music and enjoying the peace and quiet in the house. Aaaaaahhhh, so quiet, so nice......

That was my day, and I'm hoping you had some peace in your day too. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Kathy - looks like a wonderful fun filled day! The pics are so funny of your two crazy kids! You deserve to just "slug-it" Have another meatball and vegetate!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day with your loved ones...we did too and it was so worth all the hustle and bustle.
I hope you enjoy your hooking today♥
Rondell

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh my gosh...looks like you all had so much fun! You will love your new monitor Kathy...what a nice, generous son! I think when they get older they like to splurge at least once on their parents. Then they get married and splurge on their spouses!! So enjoy! Love your Townsend..I am hoping to get one by next year. Have a great holiday weekend!

Bobbie

Doris said...

Kathy - glad you had a great Christmas - hope to see you in Chambersburg.
Doris