Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 5

Day 5 all done. What a relaxing day it was.  It's been a real adjustment for me to go to a church service that is at 11:00.  But I'm starting to enjoy it. I get to sleep in a little bit later, and not be so rushed in the morning. I actually get time to relax before hand. Now that's nice! 

After church I putzed around the house and was trying to figure out what to get into for day 5.  It didn't take long for me to settle into a chair in the family room and turn on the Lifetime channel.  I even closed my eyes for a bit in the afternoon.  I decided to clean up the wool room a bit more and then got out the linen to work on a piece that I am giving to Tanya.  We traded our wares after Colonial Day. I was able to get some beautiful pillows from her that she made,  and in return I am making her a pincushion from a pattern by Stacy Nash. 

So while watching a couple mindless movies and some football, I was able to complete this much. It's 32 count linen which meant some eye strain for me. I have been used to using 28 ct for a while.  Whew, I need my reading glasses AND a magnifyer around my neck lol.  I was pleased with how much is done. Only a few more symbols and then it's time to put it together. I will still need to make a bird for the top of it when it is all done. Such a sweet pattern. You can find it here.



Just getting ready to leave for work in a few minutes.  Making the time to get the most out of every day. I usually just tell myself I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that, or I want to do this, or I want to do that, and then I just sit and not do any of it.  Sooo, when I thought this morning about posting on the blog, I just did it! Might not sound like it is a lot to any of you, but for me, it's a huge step forward in the right direction. And after all this celebrating is over :), I'm hoping it will just be more of a way of life for me. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I'm a huge procrastinator and I'm tired of dreaming my life away. Time to just DO!

Wishing you ALL a wonderful day. Some of you might have off for the holiday today. If you do, I hope you do something just for you today! Working or not, have a great day. Just remember, do the best job that you can do.....

Col. 3:23... Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Now on with Day 6 :) ~~~

4 comments:

Julia said...

Kathy, fighting procrastination is a lifetime battle for most of us. We all procrastinate at one time or another on things that takes a bit of effort to do. My hubby and my son are both procrastinators with a capital P. As a matter of fact I do a lot of procrastinating myself and anguish over the things that are left undone. I make lists and as long as I check the list I have the procrastination in check but sometimes I loose the list on purpose. lol. JB

primitivebettys said...

Your stitching is looking lovely, Kathy. I love that pattern!

Have a beautiful day my friend!

moosecraft said...

Love the way your stitching is working up! I know it will be very nice when complete! I procrastinate a lot and dream a lot too... and no matter how many times I remember how GREAT it feels to get something done... I still procrastinate on stuff... whether it's something fun or "work"... LOL! Yah... I still have that little section of rug that didn't get done yesterday... LOL! ;-)

Joanne said...

I never used to be a procrastinator until I got married - then I married the President of the Club! Don't like that trait that rubbed off!

Think I will look at it as I just have too much stuff I WANT TO get done and not that I HAVE to!

Enjoy Day 6