Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brrrrrrrr..........

What a great day to stay inside if you are able to! Sooo cold out there. I had to do my mil's grocery shopping and take her to the eye doctor earlier, but I'm in now until I have to pick up my daughter from swimming practice at 6:00. As I'm sitting here typing, it's snowing out. Nothing sticking, but it's blowing crazy! It's been doing that all day. Doesn't last very long. I forgot how fortunate, and thankful I am to be able to move quickly in and out of the car and run inside where it is warm. Not for my mil!! Being 90, there is NO running. Although she says it's on her list of things to do lol. I wish I could just pick her up and carry her!

Not much to say today. Just felt like taking a break from cleaning up. I have done more hooking on my workshop rug, but will post it later this week.
I re-listed a rug on ebay today. It's a snowman and you can see it by clicking on the link in the right hand column.

This coming Saturday I will be going to the York Folk Art Show in York, Pa. It's a great show and I will be meeting my friend Beth there, and Joanne said she will meet up with us too! So that will be fun. Beth and I do it twice a year. Spring and Fall.

Ok, I lied. I just got up to take a picture of my rug. Why not show it now. I'm only going to work on background for the next few days so I don't have it all left for last. I'm really pleased with it. I can't wait to see the antique black background around it all. We'll see how much I can get done in the next few days. So having a picture now will be a good reference to see how far I get. I hope everyone is staying warm! I see that it's warmer in other parts of the country. Wish I were there right now!!! Have a wonderful day.....

4 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

That rug is going to be beautiful when completed...such a treasure:)

It's the same weather here too, snowing right now and at times the sun will come out for a few minutes.

Have fun at the show!
Rondell

Joanne said...

Kathy - Oh my goodness - that center flower is gorgeous - I don't see my "olive" anymore! Wow you really have been working - did you change something on the bottom center too - it looks different??? L-O-V-E this rug!

Stay warm - wrap some rugs around yourself! joanne

Hooked on Primitives said...

Kathy!! Hi! Love this already! Wonderful!! It looks like a real joy to hook!!! Love the music!!lol!! Cathy

Chanda said...

Hello there, the snowman rug is beautiful. I don't know why I am so facinated with PA, but somehow I read a slew of blogs from PA. Have you ever heard of the family named the Gosselins. They have a tv shown called John and Kate plus eight. They are the ones with twins and sex tuplets. I was just wondering if any bloggers know them. I love that show and they are from PA also. Go figure. Your poor mother-inlaw. It is probably scary for her also. I worry about them falling. I told my mom last week I could just pick her up and carry her and go faster than she can walk now. I get frustrated waiting on her. Keep up the exciting work on the rugs and Happy Holiday