Friday, July 1, 2011

Making and meeting friends through Blogland

Another Thursday, another Hook in at Grantstreet.  A day filled with the excitement of meeting a friend from Blogland, all the way from Ohio.  Yep, Lauren of Rugs and Pugs  came all the way from Ohio with her friend Mary. They took a vacation to visit some places and Grantstreet Woolworks was on their list! I couldn't see the door from where I was sitting, but I heard Joanne say "It's Lauren"!  And then Lauren started pointing to us and naming who each of us were.  Knowing us from pictures on our blogs, it was really funny.  Mary and Lauren have been friends for many years. How great that they still get together a couple times a year!

Of course there were hugs to be made.  Lauren is too funny about having her picture taken. For some reason, throughout the day, I kept hearing "would you put that camera away?"  LOL.  But HOW could I ?

Pat and Doris also came to meet Lauren.

Lauren shared with us a picture from an old rug that she will be doing it in punch needle. I'm sure it will look beautiful.

So happy that we could have a group shot. A real treat to have us all together!!
Lauren also brought us each a gift. The necklace she made from a spoon! And the candle, ooooh how I wish you could smell it. Divine! Thank you Lauren for such a sweet gift. Such a joy to meet you in person, along with your friend Mary. Had such a nice time talking with you both. I certainly hope you can both come back and visit us again.

After Lauren and Mary left, I was able to take some pictures of what else was going on.  Margo, a new hooker was there in the morning color planning a new rug she will be working on.  She brought along these 2 pieces that she hooked. The hit and miss circle was her very first piece, and the second is going to be a pillow. It is her last name. She cut all her wool before she left for her new project, since she will be going away for a week or so. Looking forward to seeing what she accomplishes while she is gone.


Nancee, Nancee, Nancee.......  Last week she had a heck of a time color planning her rug. I felt so bad when she left. How frustrating for us when we just don't like something we hooked.  We all thought it was nice, but when you don't like it, and can't live with it, then OUT it comes!  She ripped it all out and yesterday we started all over. She had more of an idea of the colors she wanted.  Sooo, back to throwing wool here and there until she felt comfortable with it. She will be taking a little vacation too and won't be taking it with her, but knowing Nancee, when she comes back, there will be a hook in that foundation and we will see next week what she has accomplished! I'm sure she is excited to get started on it.

Joanne joined us again this week! Love having her here. Sure wish she lived closer so she could be there every week!!  She brought some wool  and wires to make up some feather trees. She's got the routine down pat.  Definitely a production line for her :).

Linda was taking a break from hooking her project.
Jackie came and was working on transferring a pattern.  Near the end of July, it will be one year since they started coming to Grant Street.  Bonnie was the one who said she wanted to learn to hook.  Jackie is, was a quilter lol.  She has produced quite a few rugs since starting. And her quilting color sense really shows through!

Bonnie seems to really enjoy the hooking also.  They didn't bring anything with them to work on last night. They planned to just stopping in and sitting for a while. How surprised they were when they realized how late it was when they left.  These 2 have also been friends for many, many years.  So cute to see how best friends stay together and know each other inside and out. They always have a story and keep us in stitches.

Sherri also stopped by. She had said she was going to, and then when it got later, we thought maybe something came up.  She was going to bring her friend Caroline, but plans were changed. Sure hope she makes it next time Sherri comes out! Sherri was busy whipping her rug. 

I was actually able to get some hooking done.  I finished up the linen I had on the frame. Just making little things to sell in the Fall. 


Looking forward to hopefully getting another piece of linen and starting something else this weekend.  Need to go through my idea papers.

Now it's time to figure out what chore I will start with first, before I can have some free time.  Not in the mood to do any chores, but as usual, they have to be done. Maybe if I put some blinders on, I can get them done real quickly and be done with them!

Not sure yet what we will do for this Holiday weekend. Haven't even talked to my kids about it. I think Nicole is working Monday, so perhaps it will be Sunday that we can all get together.  I have off on Monday, so it gives me an extra day to play :). Hoping I use it to create!!

Wishing you all a Safe and Happy 4th of July weekend!

9 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

How fun! I've had the fortune to meet a few of my bloggy friends and it's always such a nice surprise!

moosecraft said...

"When Blogs Collide"!!!! lol! How kewl is this that everyone gets to meet! It really is like one blog snuck into the other one! But, I have to admit... I was wondering who was going to be the first to post about it! lol! I can't wait to see how Nancee hooks up her rug pattern! Enjoy the weekend!

Cathy G. said...

I bet it felt like you had known one another a lifetime!
Blogging and rug hooking.... two powerful pastimes that unite beautiful people!
Thanks for all the photos and smiles Kathy!
Have a wonderful 4th!
Cathy G

Joanne said...

Great times. Ace reporting Kathy! Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

That sounds like so much fun. I have met a couple of bloggers in person and it's a blast. I would love to meet those gals in person who I chat with regularly.

Julia said...

Kathy, you are such a great reporter for Grant Street Hook-ins, thanks for the pictures and I'm glad that you didn't put that camera down.

I'm so thrilled to put a face on all these wonderful blogger friends. Now I can remember them better.

I had seen Pat, Lauren and your picture Kathy, before but was so grateful to see Doris and Joanne too.

Meeting other bloggers who share the same passion is an awesome experience. I met Kim by accident and we recognized each others when I walked into Deanne Fitzpatrick's studio early this spring.

Have a Happy 4th of July. Hugs to all. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
It was so much fun meeting all of you. Thank you so much for your hospitality!!! I am SO GLAD it finally all worked and that I made it out. And yes, please put those cameras away!!!
Great post.
Hugs :)
Lauren

primitivebettys said...

You always have so much fun at these gatherings & to meet Lauren too! WOW! :) I sure would LOVE to be there sometime with y'all! :)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wonderful post and great pictures. Every time I hear about Grant Street I want to go to visit too!
Courtney