Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a Wonderful Weekend ~~

I can't speak for everyone, but the weather this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I just keep telling myself there is more to come..
I was able to finish all that I had planned on Friday evening as far as the cooking went. Packed my car and went to bed. Was up bright and early to head on out to meet my friend Beth at Thymes Remembered.  I had that gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!  Well, I searched and searched, had thought of buying this or that. But nothing said "take me home".  I did however get these two pieces. I'm always looking for something to soften up/dress up an area.  I will be going back when they put the Easter stuff away and come out with some newer things. 


From there we headed on  over to the Black Rose Antique shop.  Love walking around in that place.  Beth and I are always making silly comments about some stuff.  And I have to tell Joanne that there were plenty of drawers to be opened.  So Beth didn't go through withdraw lol. (Beth has a thing about drawers). I hope some day she gets to own one of these :)



While walking around, we saw Nancee there.  She gave us a tip when it comes to buying.  Going to use that some time Nancee, thank you!  We headed out to lunch after that and ate at the Diner we like. We even split a dessert :).  Nancee had told me about another Antique place out there, so I took my Garmin along and off we went. It was really close by.  We enjoyed it a lot, and will definitely go back!!  Here are a couple things I bought. Forgot that I bought the wire basket at the Black Rose.   Beth and I went halfers on the old tin molds. It was a full tin.   We will be making things with these. And then I got the loaf tins for storage or gifts.  Haven't decided what to do with them yet. But I loved the design on them.


Beth's car was back at the Black Rose and I took her back to drop her off.  I had already called George and told him to get himself something for dinner. We were having too much fun and it was an hour drive home anyway.  So we were able to take our time.  When we got back to the car, I thought of all I had to do when I got home. All that cooking, cleaning, etc.  Didn't want to go home lol.  It was sooo beautiful out.  Soo I told Beth I wanted to walk around the Black Rose again.  She came in too.  It was a quick walk through, but I did find this box that I didn't see before.  Sometimes they have things displayed and you only look at what they are displaying, not the piece they are displaying it in.  It came home with me!  And then Beth found this little tin for me for a buck..



It was a great drive home with the windows open.  I got right to work when I got home and I'm thinking I shouldn't have stopped for that coffee for the ride back.  Because I had a hard time settling down to sleep on Saturday night.  It was after 1:00 am when I finally layed my head on the pillow.  I opted out of Sunday school to get a little more sleep so I could enjoy the Easter Service.  It was wonderful.    Came home and just waited on Craig and Lake and Nicole's friend Sam.  Never did get pictures of the day on Easter. Such a relaxing day with family :)  They all left late afternoon, and then I plopped on the couch.  Was feeling guilty of just sitting there, so I did get up and finish hooking my cream horse.  I have my reds all picked out for the other horse,and was ready to strip them up and start hooking last night, but got side tracked on this computer. Hate when that happens!!  But there is always tonight :).

Well, I better get my lunch packed and get ready to help out at the shop today.  Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day.  Just wish I had the nerve to wear capri's or shorts.  Not ready for that yet lol. 

Wishing you all a wonderful day!! Thanks for stopping by :)

8 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Kathy,
Sounds like a wonderful day on Sat. My sister goes to the Black Rose often, and loves it. You were able to find some cute treasures!
Hope this nice weather continues through the week.

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Sounds like you and beth had a fun filled day. Glad you have had some good weather.
Sabrina

primitivebettys said...

It does sound like a fun day. What was the tip your friend gave you? Maybe I could use it? :)

moosecraft said...

Ain't that always what happens? Just when you have some money to spend, there's nothing to buy?!?!? lol! Looks like you found some good stuff at the antique store though... I really like the box. I can see it on table top with stuff inside and a sewie thingy draped over the (open) door... oooooh yah... love it! :-)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

My friend Judy and I go antiquing a lot. I whiz through the store, then backtrack. She takes her time. I would be the one who would want to go back for a second look. I'm glad you found something fun in the end! You really had a fabulous day, it sounds like!
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
So glad to see you found a few treasures. It's always fun to come home with something. That hanging box/cupboard is very sweet. I have a weakness for cupboards.
Horsey is lookin' good!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Looks like you got a great time hunting for treasures. It gives a nice feeling coming home with something that really makes you feel good and that you got it at a reasonable price. Sure hope that the spring weather is here to stay for a while. JB

Doris said...

"Treasure hunts" are the most fun!