Monday, March 23, 2009

Stitching

Hey everyone,

Happy Monday! After the Spring party on Saturday, I had time to relax on Sunday and get a little stitching done. I didn't get as much as I wanted to get done, but it was something. The ebay group I belong to had their retreat on Saturday and Sunday. Last month, I had much more time to work on things. Can't wait to see what the theme is for next month!
The theme this month were ornaments. I had ideas, but the time I had left to complete them in just didn't allow me to do them. So while I was upstairs staring at all my wool, I picked up the basket that I have scraps in to use on penny rugs. I saw a decent size black scrap and thought I'd stitch a wreath on there. It was relaxing to do. And now that I have the french knots down pat, I had no problem. For so long, I could not make a french knot. Had no idea why. Then Louise showed me. I did it, and it still came out wrong. She stood there and watched me do it. Ends up, I was winding the thread around the needle the wrong way. Who would have thought it would make a difference. Anyway, now I can do them.


The second one I did, I used osnaburg fabric to stitch on. I did it before and it was frustrating to me. Why I did it again, I don't know. I do like the way it looks, and probably had the look in my head. Plus this ornament is tiny. But I like the results. I put an old blue print on the back. I'd also like to mention that I have a used Bliss cutter and blades for sale. I posted a picture on the side bar. If you'd like to see more pictures, just let me know. If anyone is interested, or if you know anyone that might be interested, just email me! I have since upgraded to a Townsend and have no more use for this. It comes with blades #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #8. I have the wrench too, but forgot to put it in the picture. I am asking $175 for it all, plus shipping which is $10.35 for flat rate priority mail. I thought I'd try and sell it here first before I put it on Ebay or Etsy.
Off to do some cleaning, oh joy! lol. Will be starting a hooking project shortly. I am hooking a mat to donate to my daughters Band. They are having a Basket Bingo and needed contributions. I did one last year too. I'll post a picture when I get it done.
Hoping your week is a creative one!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Well it appears you have started your week with some energy - Two ornies done when you didn't have "time" - don't know how you do it! Great ornies by the way! Can't wait to see your rug!

Beth said...

hey kathy love your ornaments especially the bird! im partial to birds i have a canary and 2 finches!!