Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Something Blue...

Just a quick post. Had to share. Today I received a package in the mail from Betty. Kelley decided to do a swap in our group that had to do with Blue. Everyone is tired of Winter and we'd like to see the Winter blues go away. So her idea was to send a package containing some blue floss, blue wool, a package of seeds, a cheerful card,and something else blue. Whatever we chose. A great way to welcome Spring! I thought it sounded like a great swap to participate in. Betty had my name, and here is what I received. She made the little stump doll, and the little piece of cross stitch fabric even has my initials. Too Sweet! Thank you again Betty, I love everything. Can't wait to use the blue wool! I even received a package of zucchini ealier last week from her in a sweet little card. I will plant them as soon as the weather permits. I've decided to use the flower bed on the side of my house where I get all the sun as my garden this year. I'm just going to throw a few different things in there and see what happens. I've tried the vegetables on the deck, but that never amounted to anything. I spent time today finishing up 2 punchneedle pieces. Very small ones, but they are done. I have to make a little bowl filler out of one of them, and the other is going to be attached to something. Will do my best to post them tomorrow.

Just talked with my husband about the car situation, and I am planning on going Friday to test drive a few cars. This way we can narrow things down more. Will make up a game plan for that tomorrow so I'm all set to go.

Nicole has her first track meet tomorrow and I will be helping with the concession stand for the first hour. I hear we have a 60% chance of rain. Hope it holds off, or finishes before the meet. I hear they won't cancel unless it's thunder and lightening or a really heavy downpour. So we shall see. This year they have over 100 kids on the team. It's going to be a loooong meet. Wishing her well! She's a sprinter.
Till next time....




4 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What wonderful goodies to chase the "winter blues" away. The prairie doll is a treasure for sure!
:)Ginger

Joanne said...

How cool is that that Betty put your intials on there - she's one talented woman! Very nice lot of loot!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Very beautiful kids area rugs and nice info. Please visit back my blog Kids Area Rugs.
http://kids-area-rug.blogspot.com/

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, I love those blues!!! Great swap!
Rondell