Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dye Class and Mother's Day

Last Thursday, Joanne ventured out here to spend the day. Poor girl was getting over a cold, and I'm surprised she came all this way.... So happy she did.  We had a great day together, (thanks Joanne!). The weather was perfect! She pulled up in my driveway and out she came with 2 Frozen coffee's from the coffee shop in town. Mmmmm. That was a surprise since I thought we were going to head on out there.  We hung out at my house for a bit and enjoyed our drink.  Then we headed out to some Antique shops in Carlisle.  I came home with these 3 items.  The oil cans may end up in a display, or I will use them as a make-do and create something to put on them.  I think the little one is so cute lol.


I also received a Spring card and gift from Mimi in our AAPG group.  Aren't they cute? What a sweet thing to send out. Thank you again Mimi!


Joanne and I sat at the bar at TGIF'S and had a drink to celebrate Cinco de Mayo before heading on over to the shop to do some hooking.  The class was well over by then. I never did get any pictures of the hook in. Some people stayed and hooked, and some went home.  They had another 2 days to do some more dyeing.  It was a 3 day class!  So Friday I headed on over to take some pic's to share with you. I had a doctor's appointment which was right around the corner, so it all worked out.   Oh the girls looked like they were having sooo much fun! 
Here is Joan discussing some things.

Beth and Ruth preparing to do a spot dye.

Bonnie and Jackie in the kitchen doing a dip dye. I didn't want to disturb them, so didn't get a picture of what they did.


Nancee preparing what she will be doing.  I thought it was wonderful at all the hands on work!!

Nancy checking her dyed piece.

Jill doing her spot dye.

And Jackie showing off wool that she said she went home and dyed.  Ahem.....  This is Joan's wool that Joan dyed lol.

Same with this one. Aren't they lovely?

These girls went home with so much wool!  Sherri checking out the piece she dyed.
I take it that the class went extremely well. I never did go back on Saturday to see them again.  I was very busy this weekend.  Finally finished up with clearing out my mil's house.  Still have a room full of stuffff here to put away, but it will get done when I get to it.  I'm really ignoring it right now lol. 
After seeing what I had to deal with, I realized I needed more space to put things.  Out in our garage sat this little hutch that was given to me by Lake and her mom.They didn't want it anymore. It was painted white, and it was chipping off.  I knew this had to get done so I can use it upstairs.  I tried stripper, but it wasn't cutting it. So I took a scraper and went to town.  It is just about done.  I haven't decided which color I will paint it.  I do know that it won't be white, black or beige (yes Joan, no beige).  I am thinking an antique color of, blue, red, or mustard.  It's really a cute little piece.  Guess you will be surprised when I finish it :)

I spent all day Saturday and Sunday on the little hutch.  And on Sunday I took a few breaks.  Nicole surprised me with a gift.  Here is my wrapping.  LOL, she's too funny.  No card and no paper.  That was fine by me.  I had her sweat jacket to unwrap.



 She got me a wonderful CD. I played it outside while I was working away on the hutch.


I took time out for lunch.  Nicole decided to make us chicken parm. Mmm, it was delicious.  I wanted mashed taters since I don't eat them very often at all.  It was certainly a treat for me!



For dessert she made chocolate pudding.  And yes, it is somewhere underneath that whipped cream. I love my whipped cream :) !!


What a wonderful weekend it was.  Very relaxing, even with all the stripping of paint.  I paid for it at night by being sooo sore in the hands, but by next morning I was ok.  I had a lot of time to think about my own Mom and my Mil.  I couldn't have been more Blessed than to have both of them.   And how sweet it was that Nicole took the time to spend most of her day making my day very special.   Thank you Nicole.

Ok, now if you know me, you know I can't just celebrate something one day lol.  On Monday night, I met up with Craig, Lake and her mom Verna at Applebee's to have dinner.  Craig and Lake invited me a couple weeks ago to do dinner with them for Mother's Day.  And how great that we went on an off day. Not crowded at all. No waiting :).  It was a fun time and a great meal.  Craig and I split a dessert. Oh my goodness, was it heavenly!! I also received a pretty frame from them. Forgot to snap a picture of it, darn it. I'm sure I'll have a picture of them soon to put in it.  Thank you Craig and Lake for a wonderful time!

So now the celebrating is over.  Time to finish up things around here.  I have a lot of outside work to do, but again, it will get done when it gets done.  If I can accomplish something little each day, I'll be happy.  Very hard to believe that tomorrow is Wednesday already!  I haven't picked up a hook since last week. Well, there is always Thursday's hook-in for that!  I'm looking forward to it :)

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!

6 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Gosh, you've been so busy. Sounds like many wonderful times over the past week or so. The cabinet will be really nice when you have finished it. And the wools dyed at your group were beautiful!
Courtney

weaverpat said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day celebration!
Thanks for sharing the pics of the dye class. With Joan as the teacher, it had to be good.
Love the little hutch. Can't wait to see it finished.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
Sure wish I lived closer to take that dye class. Looks like it was great fun!
Happy belated Mother's Day.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Lisa said...

I am looking forward to seeing the hutch. I can't wait to see what color you pick. Hope it goes well. Lisa

moosecraft said...

What a great Mother's Two-Days! lol! Chicken Parm... mashed taters... Applebee's... and quiet time with some new music and some stripping! You're a lucky hooker! lol! Sorry... couldn't resist the puns! :-) Dye group looks great! Love the mottled woolens! It sure feels great to be out in the sushine and warm air.... added energy to get done what needs to be done with some spring in your step! Looking forward to see what color the hutch becomes...

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

The spot dyeing looks fun. You gals always have lots of fun times. Your cabinet is going to be awesome can't wait to see what you come up with.