Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The counting down begins

Wow, tomorrow is December 1st already.  And the feeling of panic to go along with it for some people.  Not feeling it though this year. That is a good thing! It is what it is.......

Our Thanksgiving went very well. Food was great and we had a full table with the kids and their boyfriend and girlfriend.  I just loved sitting there and watching and listening to them all. So much laughter, it was wonderful.  Even had help with clean up and it went so fast. I think I was more amazed at the clean kitchen than anything else lol.

Went out Black Friday. Not for any bargains, because I didn't feel there were any for what I wanted. Have already started my shopping and am almost done with the kids. Great feeling!  Even almost done with my husband and he is theeeeeeee hardest! Especially since his Birthday falls on Christmas Eve.  So I just wandered in and out of the stores and left everyone in line :).

Ended up taking a ride out to East Berlin to see Becky and her pottery. She was having her open house. Bought a few pieces of stoneware. I just love them.!


Went to the Little Log House which was close by and was able to see it for the first time. I did not have my camera with me, but wish I did. It's such a sweet little place that housed quite a few vendors inside. The group I hook with out there was invited to participate this year. So it was nice seeing our things. We did very well. It was a 3 day event. What was even nicer, was that we didn't have to be there. They took care of everything.

I forgot to mention that before Thanksgiving, Jill and I met up for lunch and then were going over to see Barb in the hospital. She had one of her knees replaced. She was doing very well I thought. I little groggy from pain medicine, but we got her laughing.  Of course I had my camera that day LOL.



This past weekend was spent clearing out the computer room. I call it our computer room because it has the computer in there.  I need to come up with a better name for this room.  It is supposed to be a dining room, but we are not dining room people.  So everything had to come off the bookshelves, then all the stuff out of the top of the hutch in order to move them in to the center of the room.  Holes were spackled then sanded. Tonight I get to paint the ceiling. Was hoping to do that last night, but no energy.

The no energy part has finally been diagnosed.  I went to work yesterday, but left for a little bit to go pick up my blookwork order and ran downstairs to get the blood drawn.  Was back to work in half an hour.  Stopped to pick up the results on my way home. Was sooo thankful it didn't take long.  My thyroid is off. Just as I had suspected. I will be in contact with the doctor this week to have my medicine adjusted.  Will also see him next Monday to discuss some other issues.  So I'm sure I'll be feeling better and back to my old self with LOTS of energy  in a few weeks. Not a pill that works over night unfortunately. 

I did manage to stitch a piece on Saturday for a Christmas gift with our group on line. Can't share that with you. Took quite a while, but glad I was able to finish it.

Have been enjoying reading everyone elses posts about how their Thanksgiving went. Now I look forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations from you all. I will post a picture of the  computer room when it's finished. The Christmas tree will be going in there too. Hoping to get that this weekend. Not sure how everyone's schedule will work out for that. So we'll see. 

Raining here today. Not looking forward to going out in it, but I will.  Hope you are all snuggled in your homes and stitching or hooking or crafting away !! 
Have a wonderful week :)

5 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Your family sounds so wonderful. I'm happy to hear you found why you are so tired too... now get that doc to fix it asap... you have painting to do! :)

Joanne said...

Well there lady - even with no energy you certainly get stuff done! I know you don't think so but think about it - you do! Now as those gifts arrive - let the wrapping begin!

Cathy G. said...

Kathy,
I had suspected that maybe your thyroid was out of sync.....it sure makes a difference in how we feel! Mines finally doing better. TG! You do seem to get so much accomplished for not having any energy though! I know you work circles around me girl!!
Enjoy the coming days of Holiday preparation and be kind to yourself.....it does take awhile for that med to kick in!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
I agree with the others. For someone with no energy you certainly get a lot accomplished!
I'm glad you had a pleasant Thanksgiving. I can't believe that is over and Christmas is on its way. Unlike you, I will stress myself out for the next few weeks. I'm my own worst enemy..lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

weaverpat said...

Hi Kathy,
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family. I had no idea Barb was in the hospital. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Love the pottery! I'm sure there were lots of other nice things for sale in East Berlin. Glad your group did well.