Monday, June 1, 2009

The feeling is back

This weekend was so productive with getting the outside finished on Saturday. Then on Sunday after church I decided to get out on the deck and do some hooking! I was a little worried when I first started, thinking it wasn't going to be enjoyable, but I was wrong. The weather was really nice. A little too much of a breeze for me, but I was out there, and I was having fun. I got more done on my camp rug. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one! Here's where it is now. I can't wait to get back to it this evening (fingers crossed). I was able to get the other large flowers done, and have decided on my color for the small flower next to the honeycomb wool. I'm pretty sure I am deleting the two side flowers and I plan on putting my initials on one side and the date on the other in place of them. The tongues will be last. I'm getting there!!!
I would like to thank all for their comments about my daughter Nicole. Got the results from the doctor today. She does NOT have mono, so that is wonderful news. He said everything else is fine except one thing. Her liver enzymes are slightly elevated. He doesn't seem to be concerned. Said it can be caused by a virus, which is what we thought she had anyway. He said he's been seeing more cases of teenagers with elevated liver enzymes, but it is because they are over weight. Nicole is not, so he wants her to have it re-taken in another month to be on the safe side. He is pretty sure it will be back down by then. Nicole seems back to normal. She hasn't missed any school from this, had her boyfriend over yesterday, and she' now baking cookies in the kitchen with her girlfriend. I'd say she's fine lol. But thank you for the prayers and concerns!
Although I didn't get any hooking done today, I got a lot of other things done. Got my exercise in first thing, spackled Craig's room, (man I didn't realize how much stuff he had hanging in there lol), helped my mil, and have been working on gathering stuff up and pricing it for the yard sale we (Donna, Rachel, and I) are going to have Thursday through Saturday. Although I don't think I'll be staying for Saturday. Nicole and I have a wedding shower to go to that day.
Almost dinner time and I want to get a couple more things gathered together. Wishing everyone a great start to a wonderful week ahead!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this rug! Do you always save the background for last on your rugs?

The Eveningstitcher said...

Kathy...I am so glad that your daughter is doing better. My husband had the same thing last December, and they thought it was a virus also...he's just fine now.

Love your rug...wish I could get back into hooking. I guess I am too busy doing other things! Have a great evening..

Bobbie

Beth said...

yay she doesnt have mono, answer to prayers!! i really love your rug and am glad your back to your old hooking self again,.......

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Hey Jill, I don't "always" save the background for last. I like to put a little around each element if I'm not sure of the color I'm using to make sure it looks ok. But this one got away from me, so it will be all background for a while. It doesn't bother me though. Especially since it's an 8.5 cut! Should go pretty quickly!

Joanne said...

Kathy - "the feeling is back" sounds like a line from a song! LOL! "ooooh i got that hooooooking feeling" lalalalala oooooh that hooking feeling.....

seriously your rug looks GREAT