Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Birthday gift..

After a weekend retreat of crafting, I had one more piece to make. I was hoping to get it done over the weekend, but the other two pieces took up all the time. This one is for a friend too. I used 6 strands of floss to punch this design by me. I hand sewed a cording that I made from the floss around the edge and then hand stitched a piece of wool to the back of it. Stuffed it with all my saved snippets from my rugs for a nice feel. Hope she likes it! I even labeled it! I think it's more duller in person. The flash kind of made it bright. I liked it so much, I think I have to make one for myself. I was able to finish this at church today while Genny hooked and Betty knitted. Was a really nice morning.
Not much to really say tonight, but thought I'd share a funny thing that happened the other day. My daughter never ceases to surprise/amaze me. It was a school day, and about mid-day, I heard the phone ring. Well, usually I hear the upstairs phone ring first, then the one down here. Well, I didn't hear the one down here. I thought oh geez, she left the phone in her room again. I ran upstairs to answer it, and I could still only hear the phone in my bedroom. I got to it on time, but it was just an automated message. Hate those things. (I have to say, I am one of those people that can't stand to hear a phone ring and let it go to the answering machine). So then I started looking for the phone. Looked in her room, looked downstairs, looked high and low for this thing. I thought ok, I will push the button on the kitchen phone and it will beep and I'll hear it. Well, no beeping. Hmm, alright, it must be hidden under a blanket or something and it's muffled. Nope, still can't find it. Soooo about 2:30 when my daughter gets off school, the phone rings. It's her and she's laughing. She said "Mom, guess what I have"? I said the phone lol. Yep, she put it in her bag to bring downstairs in the morning and forgot to take it out. It was a good chuckle for the day......

4 comments:

Brenis said...

LOL Kathy!! I would have been going nuts by that time! Our phones end up in the oddest places, and trying to find them is sooo frustrating! With 3 kids hiding them, forgetting them, dropkicking them? half the time I can't even find ONE!! Too funny... wonder if they've gone to school a few times? :) LOVE your sweet old looking flower!!!

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Kathy isn't that gorgeous!!! Your friend will love it. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment about my BHR. That was very sweet!!!!

JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Kathy - What a funny phone story. With 3 kids at home, who all love & covet the phone....we have lots of funny phone stories as well - but no one has ever taken the phone to school - yet! Love the little flower -- so sweet - what a wonderful gift!

Tegan said...

Cute birthday gifts!! Handmade gifts are my favorite... I love it!!