Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's Her Birffffffday !!

It was Alllllllllll about Linda last Thursday.  Linda celebrated her Double Nickel Birthday (and as my husband would say.... the national speed limit) !   I have a feeling this is going to be a long post :) ~~
I had stopped on the way to the shop to pick up some balloons and grabbed a centerpiece for the table. I think she was more excited about this little Birthday tree than anything lol.



Margo made a cake for the occasion and WOW, what a cake it was.  Raspberry filled, 6 layers! Delicious!



I spent time dyeing some gradation swatches for her.  She likes doing the fine cut, so I thought I would dye some for her to play with. 



Margo gave her some carrots that she had made.....



I knew it was coming... Wait for it .......




They already found a new home!  How sweet they look with her bunnies :)





A sweet chalkware piece from Margo.




This was a self watering piece from Diane. I can just imagine the African Violet that will go in this!



And Candy?  How can there be a Birthday without Candy?



Ok, off of Linda for a minute and on to some hooking. I have a feeling Nancee's piece is going to be done real soon!




And Diane's will be done real soon too!  (by the way... Diane says that Cooper is doing so well. Such a good puppy!)  She couldn't help but tell us all about him lol.



Joan finished hooking her swap piece. Isn't it darling? The little sheep hooked with roving.  Someone is going to be real happy to receive this!



Oh wait, back to Linda again......  Not only did Margo make a cake, but Barb's Daughter brought this by... An icecream cake!



She Did it!! All of them blown out at one time.....  Hmm, wonder what her wish was?



And there has to be more presents and funny cards , right?



A real pretty piece of Bethany Lowe from Sheri.


A sweet picture from Genny.



Ok, back to the group...   Jackie and Bonnie stopped by, and this is what Jackie is working on.  She was picking out some wool to applique something on it.  It's beautiful.




This was a class that Jackie had taught.  I believe Bonnie did this one. So pretty in person.



Deb finished hooking her stained glass piece.  She was hustling around after it was finished to pick out some new wool for her next project.  Love watching the intensity on her face while hooking and then the drive to start another one!



Amy making a chairpad.



Marilyn and her cat!



Alright, alright...  back to Linda...............  Here is the shot of the cake that Margo had made.  And the beautiful arrangement was from Nancee.  So bright, so pretty!



Yes, there really was a hook in.  People did sit and hook. After eating some of Both cakes, and then some pulled pork made by Genny, and snacks, I'd say everyone was yawning and pretty worn out by the end of the day!

Sheri was whipping her little mat.



Joan was whipping her little piece too.

Joanne was being a smarty and not giving me a peek......



But she finally did. It's going to be a gift!



Margo I think was the one that started the yawning. She was having a major sugar crash lol.



But NOT Linda!!!  She must have had an upswing with her sugar.  She made a hipster to carry her airgun out of wool.  Telemarketers have pushed her a bit too far :) lol.  She was making us laugh with taking orders for the carrier.  (never a dull moment at Grant Street)


Describing it to us... and then she went out into the hallway and gave it a whirl.  It's loud!!!



I hope Linda enjoyed her Birffffffday.  We had a good time celebrating it with her.  She was off this weekend to celebrate something else too.  Her Son Danny and Michelle are going to be parents for the first time! The baby shower was today. She was soooo excited, and was sharing with us the gifts that she had gotten them. They were all wrapped so pretty before the night was over.  Wishing them all a wonderful day!!

I did manage to get something done during the hook in.  I started a cross stitch piece I bought a long time ago,  designed by Betty DeKat of PrimitiveBettys.  I'm hoping to enjoy my down time today and finish it up!



And I also wanted to share something else. I received this very Sweet  Spring/Easter package from Sharon .  It was on the table when I came home last Thursday night.  Thought I would be able to wait till the next morning to open it.  Naaaahhhh, couldn't do it.  Had to see what was inside!  Sharon, thank you so very, very much.  I love it all !!! I'll be thinking today what I'll be stitching on that piece of hand dyed linen :).  Sharon stitched up the Easter pillow. It's so sweet. She said the bunny was bought from Daughter nature folkart. The Polish pottery mug is so cute, and I have it on my hutch, and all those worms kept everything nicely cushioned :)



Well, I think I covered it all.  I'm off to relax my back by spending the day stitching and then hopefully starting something else.  I'm already thinking about what I will be making for the next update for Primitivehandmadesmercantile.  But there are still items left if you want to stop and take a look! All the girls are so creative!

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Wow! What a fun, fun day you had! You guys go all out to celebrate a birthday! lots of great projects being worked on - thanks for all the photos - made me feel like part of the group.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
A very happy belated birthday to Linda! What a wonderful group of hookers you have out there and thanks for always sharing your day with us!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

TeresaM said...

Sorry I missed coming on Thursday! I always miss the fun! So many nice rugs.... Nancee's is wonderful and I hope I can see it in person when she is all finished!!!

Your new cross stitched piece looks great Kathy!!!

Should see you Thursday... as of right now Carol is coming around noon!! She will have her mom along and they will need to use the elevator so I told her to call my cell when they got there so you can show them the way up! Hope that is okay!!!

Happy stitching!!!
~Teresa~

DJ's Farmette said...

Im soooo bummed i missed the birfffday party and all my fun friends!! These Darn kids!! LOL..hopin to see you this week!

moosecraft said...

What a great post! Happy Birfffday to Linda! She was beaming with happiness in every picture!!! I'll order one of those air gun holsters please!!! lol! Gorgeous rugs and quilts and stitches... let me know when the flying bunny rug is done and I'll swing by and pick it up! lol! Your very welcome again for the Spring goodies... enjoy stitching and rest that back a bit!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Looks like a really fun time with you all had, the cake(s) sound delish!!! Happy Birthday to Linda!

Joanne said...

It was Linda's Birthday? Now how did i miss that! LOL Fun time (again!) Great shots from the day

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

What a wonderful post!! Those cakes looked so yummy...I could almost taste them!!
So lovely to see all the great rugs and all the fun from the ladies at Grant Street!!
Wishing Linda a very Happy Birthday!!
Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie

acorn hollow said...

when you celebrate a birthday you do it right!
looks like a lot of fun was had.
Cathy