Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Patience, Patience... It's almost here ~~

Yes, yes, yes, the day is almost here. Tomorrow is the Big day and I can't wait!  AND it falls on a Hook-in day. What is sweeter than that??  I will be meeting George for dinner on his way home from work, and then I'll go back to the hook in after that. 

I don't usually have more than one project going at once, but today I got the bug to color plan a rug that I bought quite a while ago.  It's called Harvest Good Things and is adapted from a pattern designed by Lori Brechlin and sold by Spruce Ridge.  Hope I got all that right!  It's ready to go for tomorrow, so I'll take pictures after I start hooking it. 

And tomorrow I will take a picture of the rug that I picked up from the shop yesterday. It's a biggun!  It's definitely my Winter project :)

Today I received a card in the mail from Doris, who is a member of AAPG. What a sweet surprise.. And I say "sweet" because there "was" a piece of chocolate in the envelope. Sorry, it's gone already. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate. Anything dark chocolate, and it doesn't last long :).  Thank you Doris!



Tonight I'll be going to play bingo with Linda and Joanne.  Hopefully we'll all win tonight. Wouldn't that be great?  And.... to treat myself, I bought this while out at the store today. I haven't seen them in awhile.  I'll be taking it along with me to bingo :)




The cake is in the oven as I type.  Will be decorating it tomorrow morning to take to the hook in. Cake and icing done from scratch. There is always a first for everything. And I have had lots of Firsts this year!
So if you are out in Chambersburg, stop on by, do some shopping,  hook with us, or just sit for a spell, and have a piece of cake!! 

The weather is supposed to be really nice, so I hope the shop has a great turnout~~  There is also going to be a lucky winner to something I'm giving away.... :)    (I can do that.... It's my Birthday remember?)

Until tomorrow ~~~~~ 

4 comments:

moosecraft said...

Admit it... that reese's wrapper is empty already... isn't it? lol! Have fun at bingo tonight and enjoy tomorrow to the max!

Nettie said...

Hi Kathy.... Sounds like you have your big day all planned .... I hope you win big at bingo tonight, have great time...... hope to see you soon

love ya,
Nettie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
I hope you all win at bingo tonight!
How wonderful that you are embracing your milestone. You're a better woman than I am :)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Hi Kathy, I hope at least one of you won a big prize at Bingo this evening. Wouldn't that be fun?

I think that it would be fun just to follow you for one day. You are always on the go. Hope that tomorrow brings you much joy. JB