Sunday, September 13, 2009

Relaxing at last.....

What a beautiful Sunday it is today. I have really taken advantage of just relaxing today. I skipped church this morning and took care of helping my mil early. Then cleaned up the house a bit and did laundry. After that? I've been sitting on my behind and watching tv. There is an NCIS marathon on today lol. I can tell ya that I've zoned out a few times just staring at the tv and not remember what I'm seeing. Just relaaaaaaxing. Feels so good. I have all the windows open and there is a gorgeous breeze coming through.

Yesterday was Colonial day, and what a difference in weather. Yesterday it was grey skies all day. Misty raining off and on all day too. I was really happy (prayed a lot !) that it wasn't doing anything when we had to set the canopy up and get all our stuff displayed.

Here are the pic's I took of the booth. Wish I would have gotten more throughout the day, but I didn't.




Each time you do a show like this, you just never know what to expect. With the weather the way it was, and the economy, I was surprised at how many people came out. The streets were pretty full at times. But you could definitely tell that people were spending more cautiously. Anything that sold, was greatly appreciated. We were all happy with the way things turned out.
After we packed everything up, we headed back to Willa's house. We had some pizza and sat around and talked about how things went. We are already talking about what we can do differently next year! I've got some ideas, and I need to write them down...
Thank you to all my friends that came out to say hello. I really appreciate it. I hope you had a good time walking up and down the street and seeing everything. And perhaps you even found something special to take home with you!
Well, I'm going back to relaxing for the rest of the night. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I'm back to work tomorrow! I know it might sound odd, but I love the way that sounds... Me going to work!! And I am thoroughly enjoying it!

8 comments:

primitivebettys said...

You booth looks great. What fun it must be to do this venture with your friends. Have fun at work tomorrow!

Smiles,

Betty

Joanne said...

So happy you had a good day and the rain wasn't too bad! Wish it would have been today though for you! Glad you are relaxing and regaining your strength for work ! LOL!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
Great pictures of your booth. Seeing what others do inspires me!.
A relaxing day ~ sounds like heaven. I'll have to try it one of these days...lol!
Thank you for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love those rugs and your booth looked great, hope you had a good day!
Rondell

Beth said...

wow you guys had some nice stuff at your booth!! Im glad work is going good for you, couldnt work for a nicer person or a more fun person!!! Miss you and I think after soccer season im going to try to be a regular attender on thursdays!! YAY!! coming motivates more to work on my hooking more!!

JoJo said...

Love your pictures, Kathy. I hope you're able to get over your cold and back to total health. And it's so nice to hear from someone who actually LOVES their job. Best wishes to you.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Kathy~
Your booth looks great!! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Lori R

Anonymous said...

Your stand looks great! The first paragraph of this blog sounds like a working woman!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!