Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On a roll.....

The pomegranate rug has found a home for now in front of our hutch. I finally finished the whipping! I really am happy with the way it turned out! (And just a little plug for my husband George. He built that hutch when our son Craig was around 3. So about 18 years ago.
It was a very productive few days, and I'm pleased with the way things are moving along. I got some hooking done, some punching done and some cleaning done. I spent the entire day today cleaning, doing laundry and just trying to get the house in a decent order. I have just a little more cleaning to do tomorrow and then I can get back to some hooking and stitching. I am not one to "enjoy" cleaning, but I can honestly say that I had a good time today. I am in a throw away mood, so I pitched some stuff, and made a pile to give away too. Also moved a few things around to give one room a different feel. I'm now thinking about making curtains for this room that has the hutch in it. We've been here 8 years and haven't done a darn thing to the room. I always thought I'd wait until we got a loveseat or a chair in here before I make any decisions on curtains. Well, it's time to just make some and get it over with. I just wish I knew what I wanted! The border will also come down, that was here when I moved in and it's just not me, and the room needs to be painted. I've said it every year that I want this room done. Well, I think it's time!
It's going to be very cold the next few days, so being inside and just putzing around is what I want to do. A little of this, and a little of that. Hopefully the next time I post, I'll have a couple pictures of some new things I plan on making.
Enjoy the rest of your week!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

would that be a Kaiser roll or a hot dog roll?

No seriously - looks great - your rug is beautiful - are you happy with it now?

George is very talented for sure!

Jake said...

Everything looks great!! Can't wait to see what you decide on. However, I'm laughing at the thought that I have painted and repainted my rooms six times over since you guys moved. LMAO Boy, I really miss you.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Kathy...you sound like me! I have a corner in my living room and I never know what to do with it. Nothing ever seems to fit! That hutch is beautiful...what an heirloom!! Your husband does reallly nice work...and your rug is beautiful..looks perfect!