Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Show is over


Colonial Day is over..... And boy, am I exhausted. Since I only do the one show a year, I forget from one year to the next how tiring it all can be. And there were 4 of us doing this! Hmmm, I wonder how they are feeling lol? God heard our prayers and we had NO rain. It actually started to sprinkle as we were packing up for the day. Couldn't have asked for a better day. It got hot and muggy in the afternoon, but we were staying hydrated.

With the economy the way it is, I wasn't sure what to expect, but we all had sales. I took some pictures just in the beginning of the day, and didn't take any after that. Wish I did. The above picture was us moving stuff around. Louise who is part of our group is holding the penny rug she did. She came by on occassion to see how things were going. Throughout the day she is busy in the church down the street volunteering with the food and what needs to be done. She made some awesome items for the show. Beth is in the back busily arranging the items, and Willa is on the right. Willa had quite a few rugs for sale and she also made the needle felted snowmen and pumpkins. Beth had made a few purses, and some toothbrush rugs that were really pretty. Very Fall like colors. Wish I would have gotten a shot of those in the wire basket.
Here are a few more picutures of our booth.
















And here is Tonya arranging the beautfiul pillows she made. She also had some penny rugs for sale.


I will be going through what I have left over and deciding what I will keep to put in my home, and which will go on ebay. I will let you know what is going up for sale shortly.
After the show was over, there was discussion about next years show. Here's hoping that we get an early start on preparing for it!!!
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. Now it's time to get back to the things I've neglected for the past month or so. But I think I'll have another cup of coffee first.......
Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Thank you for sharing the photos! WOW! It looks like such a fun day... and booth... and GREAT STUFF! I'm happy to hear of your successes.

:)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I am so glad I found your blog!!! You had left a comment on primitive bettys so I thought I'd stop by:)
I have the frame and scissors for rug hooking and took a couple classes I've only did one rug it was a kit the lady (that had the classes) had sold me, you had to by things that you needed from her, I would love to just do it myself though.
Your rugs are beautiful and congrats on being in the Rug Hooking magazine. Love the penny rugs too!
I'm adding you to my fav list I don't want to miss anymore of your posts. Have a great day.
Rondell

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful booth. I love all the wonderful handmades you gals had to offer. Glad you had nice weather and sales.
:)Ginger

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Sounds like you had a great time and all that hard work paid off. By the way I love that pineapple with the sheep jumping over it. What a fun primitive look with your choice of great colors.

Hugs JoEllen