Friday, January 7, 2011

A day to myself ~~~

It's Friday, the real Friday of the week.  Not like my last post.   And I have it ALL to myself.  Well, until everyone gets home tonight.  But  whole free day... I'm sitting here saying Yessss!

The hook in was yesterday at Grant Street.  Very slow turnout, but the cold and the threat of snow kept some away.  Understandable! I did get a few pictures, but not a whole lot and of course the piece I was working on for Linda was just a few loops away of being done. Now did I take a picture of it? Numb nuts here, of course forgot to.  So Monday when I finish it up, I will take a quick shot of it.  We did get about 1 1/2" of snow over night, so I'm not complaining toooo much.  We did miss you all who could not join us yesterday and hope that next week the sun will be shining, and you will feel like getting out.  I do want to say that Linda's website is up and running. She had a large order one day and that was wonderful! I hope it continues to do well for her. http://www.grantstreetwoolworks.com/ in case you are interested in taking a look for items you may need in the future. I'm sure she will be adding more as time goes on.

So here is Linda starting a round piece in a #3 cut.  She really enjoys the little loops.  I love it, admire it greatly, but just won't bring myself to do one. I will never say never, but that never,  IF it is a possibility is far away lol.

 A close up shot... Love the detail !

 Barb came back for the day for a visit and brought some floss to wind up on her cards. She had just finished up. Good to see her. She had her knee replacement before Thanksgiving and is doing well.

 Nancee stopped by to transfer a new pattern she is doing. It will have two cats on it and a few mice. Very cute design. This one will be more portable for her to bring than her other large one. So looking forward to seeing how she is going to hook it up..

 Jill came by later in the evening and pulled a few loops. It was a very long and trying day for her, so I think she was just enjoying the company more.  This rug is going to be beautiful when completed!! Jill, I hope today you are well rested.

 And lastly, a picture of my bird rug at the end of my bed. I'm laughing because I had to stand in the closet to get a good shot. The room is longer than it is wide.   I was actually thinking of selling the rug, and it is always still a possibility, BUT for now it will stay here. When I laid it on the chest, I really liked the way it looked. The background looks great up against the blanket.


So now I will go get myself another cup of coffee before I get started for the day. I do have to run out this afternoon to pay a few bills, but it will be good to be in the sunshine for just a short bit. That always sparks a burst of energy in me.  I've completed my workout for this morning, so i'm glad that is out of the way.  After the coffee and a little surfing on the web and reading other people's blogs, I will head upstairs and get back to the wool room and cleaning some more.  Christmas decorations are still around the house also. I haven't gotten to the point of they need to go NOW lol.  So they will stay for at least another day. 

Tomorrow George and I will go and see Nicole play with the High School Band at another school. She was asked to participate in the county band.  Her Senior year is bringing lots of new things for her. AND she was accepted to Slippery Rock University. We are proud of her. My son is trying to finish up his Bachelors Degree on line while working full time. He is a hard worker, it will just take a couple more years. So very proud of him too! I really look forward to seeing what the future has in store for both of them! I know when they were little, I would look at them and wonder what they would be when they grew up.  Heck, I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up lol.  So I am enjoying watching them make their choices.  Some are good, and some are not so good, but each not so good choice teaches them a new lesson. And that's what life is all about, right?  No matter what age you are....

Enjoy your Friday everyone! Hope you get some "me" time in there, whether it be today or one day soon.
Smile today and pass it on :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your rug in your room. you found the perfect spot!! It was nice seeing you guys last night, even though I didn't get any hooking accomplished! I'll be working on that today!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Kathy, your rug looks fantastic at the end of your bed!

Kim said...

The rug is so beautiful and it looks right at home at the foot of your bed. It would be hard to part with. Enjoy what is left of your me-day. We all deserve those once in awhile.
Kim

Beth said...

Missed you guys last night... (really did)!! Your rug looks great as usual.. and I think you should keep it in your room!! Hopefully I will be next week and you can show me how to bind my bunny rug.. its been so long I forget how!!

Nettie said...

Hey Kathy ,your rug looks so good and you did find the right place for it. Hope to see you soon!

primitivebettys said...

Your rug does look great! You really have a way with color & are so good at putting good ones together in your rugs. :)

Joanne said...

That rug looks wonderful with your new spread and perfect there! Hey I'm really impressed - your bed is made!

Julia said...

Kathy, having a day to yourself is great and I appreciate your photos of friends' rugs and yours at the foot of your bed.

I hook with #3 to #6 and I'm just smitten by Linda's round rug. It looks like a fun piece to do. Have a great and restful weekend. JB

Anonymous said...

Kathy I love the rug at the end of your bed..I think you made the right choice of not selling it..Simply beautiful..

Jake said...

I LOVE THE RUG on the chest!!1 AND, sometimes to get a good picture, we have to do what we have to do!prejud

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
You have the perfect spot for your rug!
Enjoy your me time. It feels so good, doesn't it?
Hugs :)
Lauren