Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just had to share~~

I have been helping out with the South Mountain Fair for a few years now (my friend Joan got me sucked into, I mean involved with it) , and I  enter my hooked items each year. I even try to do something new each year other than hooked.  Anyway, it is always a LOT of fun. We laugh alot. It's a great group to work with. 

Now I'm not even going to go into the story of how I forgot to show up on Sunday to help with registration. Let's just say my nickname for the last few days was Blondie :).  Unbelievable is all I have to say. One big DUH.  

Ok, so I helped with the registration on Monday night and then yesterday was the judging.  It is usually a very long day, but we were able to get through it relatively quickly this year. It went very smooth.  I am not a judge. I just help. I held a clipboard and kept it straight on there on who won what, someone else displayed them for the judge and when the Judge said which one got which ribbon, Joan did that part this year and she stapled them on.  Like I said it went very smoothly. 

Well, after every category has been gone through and the ribbons have been given out, the Judges need to pick a Best of Show.  There are 3 given out in the Needlework department. One for the Junior's, age 17 and younger, one for the Women's clothing, and then one for everything else. So there are lots of categories to choose a Best of Show.  Well, we were watching what they were looking at, and it came down between 2 pieces.  And here is the winner!


I really was surprised, because there were so many wonderful pieces. Other hooked rugs and quilts and woven items.  I guess the Judge saw something in my rug.  I'm still tickled.  Now let's just hope I don't forget to pick them up this year lol.  Nah, I have a BIG note on the counter, but "If" I should forget this time? Well, I think it's time to call it quits, OR just really dye my hair blonde LOL.

The rest of my week will be busy. Tomorrow my daughter Nicole is having her Senior pictures taken, and there will be a mom and daughter one. So after that is done, I will go to the hook in at Grant Street.  Friday I will finish up with what needs to be done for the yardsale on Saturday.  I don't like to rush time, but I'm really anxious to get this all finished.  Looks like good weather too!  Hoping to have some new pic's for you next week of the hook in tomorrow.  And I think we are going to have a really good turnout!!

Enjoy the rest of your week ~~~

12 comments:

weaverpat said...

Congratulations, Kathy! Though I can't say I'm surprised! LOL!!! You ARE The Best! Even though you are a blond on the inside.

Have a great hook-in tomorrow. I won't be there since I don't have a project anywhere near ready to work on. So will make better use of my time at home.

Jake said...

To quote someone we know: "What is a gift?" Guess you have one too, eh??

Congratulations. It is absolutely beautiful!!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

How wonderful Kathy! I'm not surprised, it's a gorgeous rug. Congratulations!

patijane's primitives said...

Congratulations, Kathy!!!! What a beautiful rug!! Judges knew what they were doing.

Tammy Burks said...

Kathy,
Congratulations! How exciting!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
From one blonde to another ~ ~ ~
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your rug truly is wonderful.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Well deserved congratulations. That is one awesome rug!

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations on winning best of show.
It is a beautiful piece and you should be proud.

Debbie

primitivebettys said...

WTG Kathy! Your rug is beautiful!!! I must say, it is truly worth the BEST OF SHOW! It is awesome!!! :)

Enjoy the pictures & have fun with the yard sale. I know they can be stressful, but they can be fun too. :)

Mary said...

Congrats, Kathy! It's beautiful! Hope to see it in person one day!

moosecraft said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to you, Kathy!!! That truly is such a beautiful rug... I knew you had to get at least one ribbon!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations Kathy. "Best in Show" - what a wonderful and well deserved honor.
Kim