Monday, July 5, 2010

A Heartfelt Thank you ~~

Thank you ALL for your warm thoughts, prayers and cards.  It was all most appreciated, and words just will never be enough. 

Everything went smoothly for my mil's funeral.  She is now laid to rest next to her Husband in NJ.  I know in my heart she is not there, so that makes things easier. For when she took her final breath, she went home to Jesus.  We couldn't have had a better day weather wise.  Nice to see family and friends from back there.  And the Pastor gave a wonderful message on salvation which was Harriet's request.  Again, couldn't have gone any smoother. I know she was smiling....

Now it's time to get back to my life, the families life.  Not sure how the weeks ahead will be, filling the time spots that were dedicated for her.  I just know it's time to fill those spots with making more memories for my family.  And to start creating more for myself.  I'm hoping to have more energy to fill my evenings with more hooking or stitching.  We have our local Fair at the end of the month, and I would like to finish the rug I'm working on, so I can enter it.  Guess I need to get moving!!

Yesterday for the 4th of July, I did absolutely nothing. And it was aaaah sooo wonderful.  Laid out on the deck, and yep got a little burned, but not too bad. When it got too hot, I just came in and watched some Lifetime movies.  We are having our picnic sometime this afternoon.  Son Craig is over and him and George are working on his car.  Lake will be here in a couple hours, and Nicole and Andrew are just relaxing right now in front of the tv.  She has to work at 4:00, so if the guys aren't ready by then to eat, I'll just make them something and sit with them and chat.  Just a great relaxing day...... 

Tomorrow it's back to work, and I'm looking forward to it :).   Wishing you all a great week ahead!

1 comment:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kathy ~
Well, perhaps Harriet and my mom will now meet :-)
It is hard, especially filling the time that was spent with her. Yesterday it really hit home. My mom was not here to enjoy the fireworks ~ something she absolutely loved.
Take care, Kathy! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren